Christmas gifts: ten of the best beauty buys
With all the choice available when it comes to beauty products, shopping for girlfriends and family isn’t easy. To simplify things, we’ve put together the ten best beauty products for the wonderfully different and special women in your life.
1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Sweet Orange & Mint, Limited Edition Best for: The natural beauty The iconic cleanser (one gets sold every 23 seconds in more than 100 countries) gets a festive makeover, combining zesty notes of sweet orange oil with the refreshing aroma of crushed peppermint. The collectable drum is a keeper, too.
2. Bodhi & Birch Bath & Body Collection Relaxing Duo Best for: The burnt out friend or wellness fan Anyone on your list been going through a rough patch? Bring the spa home to them with this body duo by eco-luxury range by Bodhi & Birch. Enriched with essential oils and active botanicals, it works like a sensory cuddle, melting away stresses and invigorating the senses.
3. RMS Beauty Glowing Gift Set Best for: The make-up junkie This kit contains two must-haves from organic cult beauty range RMS (a favourite of Miranda Kerr and Gwyneth Paltrow): the Living Luminzer Illuminator and Buriti Bronzer, both enriched with hydrating naturals. Layer them using fingers for a beautifully sheer, sun-kissed glow, all year round.
4. Holistic Silk Lavender Eye Mask Best for: The neo mum Make the most of your beauty sleep and power naps with this soothing and pretty lavender-scented eye mask. It’s made in silk, lined in soft cotton velvet and filled with dried lavender. For a special touch, personalise it using the complimentary monogramming service.
5. Ren Grab and Go Kit Best for: The jet setter Jet setters and lazy packers rejoice! This kit contains everything from shampoo to eye gel, stored in a travel-friendly, transparent pouch. As a bonus, all REN products are organic and parabens-free. And they really work.
6. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels Best for: The party girl/ night owl Had little or no sleep? Skyn Iceland’s eye gels are made from Icelandic pure and potent naturals, including mineral-rich glacial waters and anxitoxidant-rich arctic berries. Perfect for soothing and brightening tired eyes, post or pre-party.
7. SK-II Limited Edition Facial Treatment Essence Festive Edition Best for: Mum/ Auntie/ Gran Treat an older woman you love with this iconic essence, now available in three limited edition bottles personalized by artist Po-Chih Huang. Packed with over 50 precious micro-ingredients, it moisturizes and refines lacklustre skin for an ultra-radiant and smooth complexion.
8. Therapie by Roques O’Neil Boost Hair and Body Wash Best for: The time-poor This all-natural, two-in-one product acts as an energy booster against tiredness. Infused with refreshing ingredients including eucalyptus, lemon myrtle and blood orange, it’s a revitaliser for both hair and body, as well an aromatherapeutic potion, which opens lungs and increases circulation. All in all, a perfect start to the day.
9. BY TERRY Give me 5 Smoky Eye Kit Best for: The fashionista It’s no wonder that Terry de Gunzburg – aka the brains behind YSL’s Touche Éclat – calls herself a ‘beauty designer’: her luxurious make-up range merges style and substance beautifully, and this limited edition kit is no exception. From primer to mascara, this stylish geometric-print clutch contains everything you need for killer party-eyes.
10. Fresh Face Mask Essentials Best for: The self-indulgent There’s no better time of the year to indulge winter-beaten skin in nourishing and hydrating face masks. This Fresh gift pack offers three artisanal and luxurious concoctions, enriched with antioxidant-rich black tea, soothing rose and conditioning sugar.